Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My hero, Liz


We just watched KCTV5 news to see a special report featuring my friend Liz and her husband, Ryan. I passed her story onto to all of my friends with kids a couple weeks ago. Their little girl, Reece, was hospitalized after she broke out in a terrible rash. The doctors couldn't figure it out and it was a terrifying experience for them. They later discovered that she had a severe reaction to Carter's tag less clothing. The company was aware of the problem, but still keeping the items on shelves! I was appalled and angered, especially as a parent. Please pass this information on to any new parents.

Thankfully, Reece is doing great now. I'm relieved because she is a doll and her parents are sweethearts! Liz and Ryan trusted us to take pictures of their wedding and newborn photos of Reece with their son, Ben (which I haven't had a chance to post yet, sorry!). I was shocked and delighted to see one of the photos we took of Reece featured on the show. They said, "This picture of Reece is one her parents will always cherish...."


Then, we noticed that one of the wedding photos was hanging in the background during the interview.

After the segment, Katie Horner commented on the "beautiful picture of that baby", which is awesome because she is the ONLY meteorologist we watch! :)

I'm very proud of Liz because I know she was worried about doing that interview, but I'm so glad she did. I'm so sorry this happened to them, but hopefully this interview will save some families from having to go through the pain this family faced.

1 comment:

Stolte Family said...

Jessica & Roy, thank you so very much for being apart of our lives. Not only for capturing our dearest memories...but for being two wonderful people! So many times we travel through life not really knowing who our friends are. You always know a true friend by the acts the make, not so much the words the speak. Reece needed us to look into the causes of her rash...like I was telling you, if we had waited another 24 hours she could have been in serious trouble. There are babies out there right now that need us to get word to their parents about the clothes that they have on today that's burning their skin...thank you so much for standing with us to get it done!

Love you,
Ryan, Liz, Ben, & Reece